1. The festival is open to anyone willing to submit short-films, either as an individual contestant or as a group. No country restriction.
2. The festival will ONLY show short films complying with Noir (or somehow influenced by the precepts of Noir (or somehow influenced by the precepts of Noir). This includes both animation and fiction.
3. In order to establish certain guidelines, we inform all applicants that works following the guidelines below will be given preference:
Prevalence of night or day sequences of intense contrast (color, climate, etc.)
Photography that emphasizes chiaroscuros, shadows, penumbra, etc.
Rain, fog, cold or other oppressive environments.
Animation adhering to the foregoing criteria will also be accepted.
Critical view of politics and society
A dual view of reality
Corruption, fatal passions
Femme fatale, violent men
The doom of destiny
Flashback as a narrative resource
Animation with the aforementioned content.
– In case of any trouble please let us know email@example.com
– Films must be submitted between 1 April until 3 May 2019.
– Material received after the closing date will be disregarded.
If your short film is in English you don`t need to send us the Spanish subtitles NOT UNTIL YOUR FILM IS SELECTED. Once you have been selected we must get the subtitles in Spanish, if you don’t have them MIKROFILM will cut rate the translation for 100€
ALL FILMS IN COMPETITION MUST BE SUBTITLED TO SPANISH
6. Selected films & formats
HD /FULL HD
The Selection Committee will choose the films showed at the Festival. Their final selection will be published 2 weeks before the festival. The screening will take place 26 and 27 July by the entrance arch to María Magdalena church in Plentzia (Basque Country)
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
7. Use of promotional material
Filmmakers and distribution agencies authorize the organization to use the material provided for the promotion of the MIKROFILM SHORT FESTIVAL in the platforms deemed appropriate.
The selected films will compete for two awards:
1) Jury Award 2000€
2) Best Basque MikroPlentzia award 1000€
3) Audience Award 800€
9. The Jury
The jury consists of film professionals, professors and experts. There is no right of appeal against the jury’s verdict.
Short films must not exceed 20 minutes.